In Other News
There are no current news articles.

Support for international students

Here's some useful information and guidance

We know that it has been a particularly challenging and uncertain period for International students and that Covid-19 has created specific dilemmas and concerns. The Students’ Union is working to get a hold of the most up to date advice, guidance and support available for international students.

Your Tier 4 visa will not be affected as long as you follow the college’s procedures when it comes to authorised leave of absence, remote study. If you do decide to take a leave of absence for 1 year your Tier 4 visa will be affected. If you are uncertain on which option to choose please contact

The Home Office announced on 24 March 2020 that visa nationals who cannot return to their home country due to the Coronavirus pandemic will be able to extend their visa from inside the UK. They also stated the following:

Any individual who is currently in the UK legally, but whose visa expired or is due to expire between 24 January 2020 and 31 May 2020, and cannot leave the UK because of travel restrictions related to COVID-19, will not be regarded as an overstayer or be penalised for this in the future.

A visa will be extended to 31 May 2020 if an individual cannot leave the UK because of travel restrictions or self-isolation related to coronavirus (COVID-19). Individuals must contact the Coronavirus Immigration Team email to advise of their situation.

More information is available on the government website here.

You can also get immigration advice and information from the following: 

  • Coronavirus immigration helpline: 0800 678 1767 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or you can also email

  • You can also access and book appointments with RCA’s Student Support Team on moodle

  • UK Council For International Students Affairs (UKCISA) have compiled a comprehensive FAQ for International students covering a range of issues. 

We also would encourage all international students to stay in touch with their embassies as they may be offering specific support and advice. 

The students’ union will endeavour to update this page with information and sources of support specific to international students.